The impact of COVID-19 on 1.3 million vulnerable JAM beneficiaries calls for collective and urgent response. Pre-existing drivers such as poverty, food insecurity, epidemics, droughts, flooding, lack of water and sanitation, poor service delivery, low education levels, unequal access to information and civil strife will complicate the effects on these communities. And with the widespread shutdown of schools over 200,000 children are deprived of vital nutritional support. These are children and their families dependent on JAM’s school meals.
JAM will support the most vulnerable communities in Angola, South Sudan, South Africa, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Rwanda and Uganda by:
- Provide hygiene-kits, soap, water and install hand-washing stations and promotion of hygiene best practices for communities in rural and urban areas as well as in refugee settlements
- Provide information relating to the risks of COVID-19, its transmission and how to protect oneself and others
- Promoting preventive measures and train community members, community-based organizations, leaders and teachers on how to prepare for and respond to health emergencies and epidemics
- Support vulnerable families to establish kitchen gardens and provide vegetable seeds to ensure rural and urban household access to nutrient-dense vegetables during lockdowns and quarantine
- Ensure limited contact, social distancing and use of personal protective equipment by staff at all times during the delivery of humanitarian assistance.
- Providing and distributing emergency food supplies
- Work with Governments, UN partners, Donors and other NGOs to identify and advocate for innovative and safe delivery of humanitarian assistance during nationwide lockdowns and quarantine
Your ordinary acts of love and hope point to the extraordinary promise that every human life is of inestimable value. ~ Desmond Tutu
JAM’s primary commitment is to save lives in Africa, especially now with the global pandemic looming over Africa. We are also committed to help Africa help itself.
One off donations are valuable gifts that will make a big and immediate difference enabling us to respond quickly and effectively where our help is most needed.
Setting up a recurring donation takes commitment and is a partnership with JAM to invest into the lives of the most vulnerable until they can help themselves. It allows us to strategise and plan, and after giving the necessary aid, we can help them recover and establish a livelihood.
A one-off donation helps us fill up a tummy.
A recurring donation ensures a tummy stays full!
Text 'CVD’ to 70470 to donate £10.
Texts cost your donation and one std rate msg. To donate £10, £15 or £20, simply include the amount you wish to give e.g. ‘JAM 10’
Click on your preferred fundraising platform’s logo to visit our registered page(s)
Share this page with colleagues, friends and family
Click image below to visit the …