Joint Aid Management is committed to full accountability and transparency in our work, at all times.
We commit to providing aid that will improve the lives of those that we work with whilst adhering to four key elements:
– Humanity: The purpose of humanitarian action is to protect life and health and ensure respect for human beings. We will address human suffering wherever it is found in terms of our work and areas of operations.
– Neutrality: We pledge to not taking sides in hostilities or engage in controversies of a political, racial, religious or ideological nature.
– Impartiality: We pledge to carry out Humanitarian action on the basis of need alone, giving priority to the most urgent cases of distress and making no distinctions on the basis of nationality, race, gender, religious belief, class or political opinions.
– Independence: We pledge to remain autonomous from the political, economic, military or other objectives that any actor may hold with regard to areas where humanitarian action is being implemented.
We are proud members of the CHS Alliance, and we remain committed towards the full application of the Core Humanitarian Standards Alliance and its principals as set out below:
What is the CHS Alliance?
The CHS Alliance is a global alliance of humanitarian and development organisations committed to making aid work better for people.
As members, we endeavor to:
– Train staff in the practical application of CHS Alliance’s commitments in their specific context.
– To remain accountable to donors and partners through efficient, effective and ethical use of resources.
– Utilise the Core Humanitarian Standards to improve the quality and effectiveness of the assistance that we provide, and facilitate greater accountability to communities and people affected by crisis.